Monday, July 02, 2007

Amelia Oil selling fast!


Thank you to everyone who came out to the Dundarave farmers' market on Saturday. We had a great day and there is nothing we like more than sharing our olive oil. It is always great to see people's faces light up as they have a taste of oil with my mom's fresh baked focaccia. If you missed us, we will be at the market in Dundarave once more on July 28 (hopefully we will have some oil left).

I can never totally suppress the inner anthropologist and I am always fascinated by people's reaction to olive oil and the way in which taste works. There are those people, particularly elder Canadians, who do not really like the taste of extra virgin olive oil. Many said "It taste too much like olives," or "it's too strong." I take all of these comments to be compliments. What I realise is that much of the olive oil sold in supermarkets has little flavour at all and there are those who rarely taste straight olive oil. People need to learn about the complexities and variety of olive oil. Education of taste is so important here. I am not saying that everyone is going to like our oil and I try to tell them that there are as many types of olive oils as there are taste buds. I am just happy people are open-minded enough to try new things, like it or not.

We are selling out quickly of our latest shipment. If you would like to place an order call us or send an e-mail to arrange delivery or pick up. We'd hate for you to go without great olive oil.

In response to Ido's comment, my next post will be some tasting notes on our oil for those of you who are curious about what it is like.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home