Monday, July 09, 2007

No time to taste


Yes, lately I have had little time to stop and smell the roses or taste olive oil. I know I promised some tasting notes, but I have been drowning in the Mediterranean (figuratively, due to my new course that just started today--ethnography of the Mediterranean). Once I start to float again I will get on that.

Today I met wine writer Becky Solomon and she had recently tasted Amelia Oil. She described it as very grassy and green. I think that is quite typical of central Italian olive oils and is a good sign our oil is aging well (now about 10 months old). I think there is also a hint of pepper but the acidity is low so it stays on the front of the palate. Now I am getting excited. I promise the whole taste experience soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home